OFFICIALLY CAUGHT!!! KAGAME AND MUSEVENI MASTERMINDING CONGO GENOCIDE!!!
Even though we already knew this, it took a while to formally announce it.
The AP breaking news reports:
The Obama administration in the U.S. has withdrawn all military aid to Rwanda; quickly followed by the UK.
The writing is on the wall – Museveni and Kagame may one day join Charles Taylor at the jail in Hague.
There is a parallel between what former Liberian leader Charles Taylor (currently serving a long jail term at the Hague) did to neighbouring Sierra Leone. Former Liberian President Taylor backed and funded rebels in Sierra Leone just like Kagame and Museveni are now being accused of doing the same (backing M23 rebels) in Congo.
Just yesterday the trio of Museveni, Kagame and Kabila came together in a tense meeting pushed by the U.S. State Department. Ironically Kagame and Museveni are pushing Kabila to negotiate and incorporate into government the M-23 – a rebel outfit whose de facto leader is ICC fugitive Bosco Ntaganda.
The ICC must be carefully watching every move by Kagame and Museveni. Meanwhile UN headquarters in New York was abuzz with the French and U.S. already mulling possible sanctions against Rwanda. It’s just a matter of time before Uganda is officially nabbed in the raft of sanctions.
M23 takeover of Goma. While the backers had an ambitious plot to topple Kabila, the international community pulled a fast one by publishing the UN report exposing Kagame and Museveni exactly as Charles-Taylor-like warlords. It is said Museveni was shaken by these events – he initially thought only Kagame would be in hot soup.
UN Report appended below
I have gone though the entire damning UN report and here is my comprehensive summary.
Paul Kagame is ultimately headed to the ICC (Hague)
The writing is on the wall; evidence of war crimes and genocide are overwhelming as per the UN report; US-versus-Chinese imperial interests in the mineral rich Congo-Rwanda corridor have clashed badly; and US continued protection of Kagame is now untenable!
- Rwanda is the gateway through which the strategic mineral resources of the eastern provinces of the Democratic Republic of Congo reach the international market.
- The UN Panel of Experts report explicitly states that Rwanda (& partly Uganda) have been responsible for the illegal trafficking of gold, coltan and cassiterite from areas of the DRC controlled by Rwandan-backed militias.
- All these minerals are vital for mobile phones, computers and other modern electronic devices; and most of them have ended up in the US (chief beneficiary of the blood-stained robbery).
- According to the UN experts, in the year 2000 alone, the Rwandan army made $250 million (equivalent to Kshs 20 billion) out of this trade.
- Despite evidence that the civilian population of the Congo has been abused, the US previously turned a blind eye to Rwanda’s involvement in terrible crimes in DRC – because they were strategically benefiting from the cheaply supplied minerals!
- The Obama administration lobbied for the Congo Conflict Minerals Act which was passed by US Congress in 2009 to try and end the looting; but never mentioned Rwanda at all.
- With an underperforming job-starved economy, President Obama was until his 2012 re-election effectively subdued by wealthy US lobbyists representing beneficiaries in the trade – mobile phone companies like AT &T, Motorola and Verizon; the computer industry at Silicon Valley – IBM, Hewlett Packard, Intel and Apple; electronic manufacturers; Wall Street and international money transfer businesses etc.
- Elections are now over and President Obama is revisiting this matter – make no mistake.
Kagame’s greatest strategic mistake has been his open-ended liaison with China; which has now harmed his previously healthy relationship with the US. Just 3 years ago, Kagame signed a big trade deal with China with a new Chinese embassy being opened in Kigali, Rwanda. Quickly after, trade between China and Rwanda had quadrupled.
When Kagame heard a lot of noise coming from the US Congress regarding mineral-related-atrocities in Eastern Congo, culminating in the passage of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street and Consumer Protection Reform – which demanded that computer and electronic companies must demonstrate that their minerals did not come from the DRC – the Rwandan President committed a fatal (figurative sp.) mistake.
Kagame’s Fatal Mistake : Competing Railway Lines
- Kagame’s fatal mistake was in unilaterally seeking China and Southeast Asia as an alternative market to the mineral-extraction from Congo. Kagame was seeing Sanyo, Sony, JVC, Samsung, Haier, Lenovo, Midea, Hisense, and TCL as potential business partners at the expense of US interests – precisely for minerals that don’t even exist in Rwanda but rather looted from Congo. Kagame had gone over his own head.
- US State Department cables released by Wikileaks show that Washington was devastated by Kagame’s contract to China to build a railway traversing Rwanda through the East Coast of Tanzania at port of Dar es Salaam.
- China’s control of this transportation infrastructure investment would mean it controls the new gateway of the minerals out of Congo – to its (Chinese) electronic, computer and affiliated industries – all at the exclusion of US, UK, and the EU.
- That throws a spanner in the works between US and Congo who had simultaneous plans to connect a railway line from the mineral zone of Eastern Congo to DRC’s own port of Matadi.
- President Kabila had specifically advocated for connecting a railway line between Goma (now in the hands of M23 rebels) and Kindu which would then link to existing lines connecting to Kinshasa and Matadi port. Congo’s partners in the EU and US were willing to fund this project so long as it would remain corruption-free. The competing line being funded by the Chinese – through Rwanda and Tanzania – is being rushed to undermine the rival intra-Congolese line.
- Just like that, the US which had previously turned a blind eye to Kagame’s blatant record of war crimes in neighboring DRC, now had no motivation to continue protecting him.
- In fact, they not only pushed for the publication of the UN report, but also cut aid (starting with military) to Rwanda (alongside Britain and EU countries).
- It only takes reading of the UN report to quickly see where this is going. I can state without fear of contradiction that Rwandan President Paul Kagame is ultimately headed to the ICC court at the Hague.
The UN report
The report was mandated by the UN to investigate war crimes and crimes against humanity in the Congo in the hope that there could be accountability for the violence. Despite taking more than a year to be released, this damning report paves way for possible prosecution of Rwandan President Paul Kagame for war crimes, possible genocide (the wording of the unedited report is explicit) and crimes against humanity.
The report links him and his Defense Minister in continuing to support the rebel militia M23, operating near Goma in Eastern Congo’s Kivu province.
Based on this report, the Obama administration has already cut military aid to Rwanda.
- The report further links Kagame and his Defense Minister to Rwanda-born ICC-wanted fugitive General Bosco Ntaganda, a former member of Kagame’s Rwandan Patriotic Army (RPA).
- The report provides corroborated evidence of Rwanda sending arms and other supplies to M23 rebels.
- The most damning conclusion of the report is that the crimes committed by the RPA/AFDL and its recent mutants like M23 (same rebel outfit given new names in an attempt to escape legal elements in the Rome Statutes) against Hutu refugees and Congolese Hutu constitute a crime of GENOCIDE.
- Thus whereas Kagame came to power under the claim of stopping genocide against the Tutsi, he himself has now joined the ranks of genocidiaries systematically targeting the Hutu in Congo… who have been subjected to rape, torture, murder, and mass displacement.
- It is now all out in the open…in a credible UN report…with evidence that can actually sustain prosecution at the ICC court in the Hague…very credible and neutral accounts of mass killings of Congolese and Rwandan Hutu civilians…corroborated by eyewitnesses.
- It’s no wonder Rwanda wanted the UN report edited to remove the word “genocide”.
- Paragraph 517 of the report states:
The systematic and widespread attacks… which targeted very large numbers of Rwandan Hutu refugees and members of the Hutu civilian population, resulting in their death, reveal a number of damning elements that, if they were proven before a competent court, could be classified as crimes of genocide. The behaviour of certain elements of the AFDL/APR in respect of the Hutu refugees and Hutu populations settled in Zaire at this time seems to equate to “a manifest pattern of similar conduct directed against that group”, from which a court could even deduce the existence of a genocidal plan. “Whilst the existence of such a plan may contribute to establishing the required genocidal intention, it is nonetheless only an element of proof used to deduce such an intention and not a legal element of genocide.”
- · The killings did not spare women, children and the elderly as shown in Paragraphs 517 and 518 and the parting shot of the report is quite telling:
“It will be for a court with proper jurisdiction to rule on this question of genocide”.